Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bon Voyage!

After setting sail from Portland to Boston, we realized we wanted to create another post to our blog. With that said, we already have been over here for almost two weeks and this is the first one we were able to write! We will try to keep up on our travels a bit more; feel free to remind us to post more often.
Once we got back to Lil's parents' place in Natick, we packed up her Mom's car (Putt Putt) and headed down to the grand city of Bristol, CT. Through the rolling hills and the lush concrete, suburban jungle, Putt Putt guided us to my folks' place on Violet Drive. We spent a few days hanging with the family, Mom commenting on the hair (the usual first comment), my brother Jeff telling me his M3 Beamer and his Applebee woes, meeting his wonderful girlfriend Ashley, playing pool with my Pops and meeting up with some great people that I had not seen in over a year and a half. One of the most memorable moments for me was hanging out with Jeff and Ash one night playing the game "Loaded Questions". We laughed, we cried, we made non-PG jokes and had a great time connecting with my brother and his wonderful partner.
Then, we packed up and blew out of that popsicle stand (my humor doesn't work on everyone but just try it). Putt Putt faithly returned us in one piece (no thanks to I95, where if you are not going 75 then you will get honked at) to Natick. Lil's folks were gracious enough to provide the entire downstairs space as our "Home away from Home". We hung out with her folks the first few nights and even managed to check out a local climbing gym, Boston Rock Gym. Lil's uncle Steven used to own the establishment back in the 90s and then sold it a few years back. I give it two thumbs way up: tons of bouldering, top-roping and plenty of lead climbing for all to enjoy. I even met a new inspiration: Jon, a 62 years-young guy who started climbing only three years prior. When I struggle on V2s from now on I will think twice about complaining that I can't do it; I will try to reflect on the fact that I have been given the physical talent to use my athleticism at such a young age.

Lil and I then parted ways for a night; I went into Boston and Lil visited a friend in Framingham. We both had a grand evening, Noam being a little prince and Caroline showing Lil a good time, and then we met up in the city on Friday to tromp around a bit more before heading down to NYC. Last night, I experienced my first Jewish service at Temple Beth David, where Howard Worona (Lil's dad) led the service through the art of song. I was very impressed by the entire experience, especially how the community gathered together and acted as one loving, caring unit.



Lil, Howard and I at the Worona's house in Natick


Playing music:)


Today, Lil's parents and mine are meeting up (wish us luck). Tomorrow, it is the rest of Lil's extended family (yep, double dose of family for us this weekend). Monday, we are heading into NYC to stay with my good friend Heather and then flying out on Tuesday. Already missing the wonderful peeps of Bend and Portland; thanks for sending us your support.

Til Suramerica,
Hasta la vista
G Hop (Robin will not allow me to include her name with this post because she does not care for my writing style)

6 comments:

  1. "ARE YOU A HIGHLY EDUCATED PERSON"?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Even so, or put differently, even though you may well be highly educated, still, you must not forget to also include balance within your life. For without balance, or without keeping all within its proper prospective, or put differently, without tolerance, or moderation within your life, you truly are not as complete as you may feel that you are. This is one of the truths that the Bible highly exhorts all to have included within their lives.

    There's and old, old, hillbilly song that goes like this: when you go through life make this your goal: watch the donut and not the hole. When back as a kid I'd hear this on the radio at times and think this to be an awfully crazy, and foolish song. Even so, today, which are many years later, I feel that song does include a lot of wisdom.

    The human mind being as it is: its very easy for people to sometimes get their thought life, or allow their thought life, to start down a very narrow, and limited channel. To have a completely positive, and happy thought life, also a very productive thought life, you simply cannot leave the Creator of the Universe out of your life. Jesus Christ is, and always has been, and always will be, the key to a happy and a well balanced life. If you've never received Him into you're life: Why not invite Him to come in and lead and guide you into a more, truly, productive life style.

    William Dunigan
    .____www.eloquentbooks.com/BeyondTheGoldenSunsetAndByT... "http://www.eloquentbooks.com/OffToVisitTheProphetElijah____" ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Almost off to the grandeur of Sud America. Have I told you I have never been out east? I haven't. I have much living to start doing. Thanks for the encouragement...even if you didn't know it. Big hug from Bend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing but love from here.....keep in touch ya'll ...just for you dave- bad slang ;-)

    Please update when you can, the redwing is TRAVELING via your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lilli and Dave!

    FYI, I enjoy both your writing styles and look forward to reading more about all your exciting adventures! Best of luck with everything, although I'm sure you won't need luck, because you are both such wonderful people, that wonderful things are bound to happen for you! I'm glad we got to spend some time together over the past year and a bit, and I look forward to catching you back on the flip side!

    Love always,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care who is writing as long as you both take good care of each other...and your blog. I love you both mucho, Molly D.

    ReplyDelete